KIDD FAMILY AUCTIONS WANTS YOU TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS SO DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. HAPPY BIDDING!
By registering and bidding in an auction conducted by KIDD FAMILY AUCTIONS (“KFA”), Bidders (whether present in person, by telephone, by agent, by written or telephone absentee bid instruction, or through a live internet connection) agree to be bound by these terms. These are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered for sale. KFA retains the right to bar any Bidder from participating in any auction and to exclude or reject any bid.
1) ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS Bidding on any item, whether in person, by phone, by absentee bid or via a live internet auction indicates the Bidder’s agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for Bidders.
2) REGISTRATION All Bidders must register their name, permanent street address, and telephone number prior to the auction. Unless known to Kidd Family Auctions, all registrants are required to present a forms of identification, including a current photograph. Bidders may be required to present a valid credit card.
3) TERMS OF SALE Announcements made the day of auction take precedence over any previous communication. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before its final sale and to reject any bid for any reason. The highest Bidder for each lot acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the “buyer”. If any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more Bidders, at the sole discretion of the auctioneer, the successful Bidder will be determined or the disputed lot shall be put up again at the last undisputed bid and resold.
4) BUYER’S PREMIUM Buyer’s Premium for all lots sold on-line is the iCollector (on-line bidding platform) fee of 5%. KFA does not pocket a profit off the Buyer. Live bidders are not charged a buyers premium.
5) ESTIMATES AND RESERVES Presale estimates are intended to be guides and may or may not reflect the ultimate hammer price of a lot. KFA retains the right to change estimates on any lot up to time of sale. A reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the Seller of the lot and Kidd Family Auctions. In the case of reserved lots, the Seller has authorized KFA to bid on Seller’s behalf until the reserve price is reached. In no case will the reserve be higher than the low presale estimate.
6) WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS Kidd Family Auctions says all sales are final, with no returns or refunds. Please study the photos and ask questions to ensure you are happy with the lot prior to bidding.
EVERY LOT IS SOLD “AS IS”, without any representations or warranties by KFA or the Seller as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, condition or value of the property, or the correctness or completeness of the catalog or other description of the property, and no statement, whether written or oral, shall be deemed such a representation, warranty or assumption of liability. KFA makes no representation or warranty that the buyer of manuscript material, photographs, prints or works of art will acquire any copyright or reproduction rights. KFA does not guarantee the working order of any clock, watch, electronic or mechanical device. Dimensions given in the catalog descriptions may be approximate.
7) INSPECTION Prospective buyers are advised to personally examine any lots in which they are interested prior to the auction. All lots are available for inspection prior to the auction. Prospective Bidders are encouraged to contact Kidd Family Auctions directly for additional information regarding the condition of any lot. KFA does not warrant the condition of any item. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Buyers interested in the condition of an item are encouraged to contact KFA and, to the best of our ability, we will document for the prospective Bidder the condition status on any lot. Condition is always a subjective evaluation and final responsibility rests with the buyer to assess the condition of any item sold by Kidd Family Auctions.
ABSENTEE, TELEPHONE AND INTERNET BIDDING
Absentee and telephone bidding is offered as a free service to our customers and prospective Bidders. KFA shall not be responsible for any errors or failures in executing bids, either absentee, telephone or via the internet. KFA cannot warrant or guarantee any phone or absentee bids made or altered on the day of the auction. All bids must be placed in CDN Dollars and reflect the bid increments as defined by the Auctioneer.
8) ABSENTEE BIDDING Absentee bids are accepted via phone, email and on the Kidd Family Auctions website. Such bids will be posted with the time and date of arrival, with ties being awarded to the earliest Bidder. Absentee bids that are emailed to KFA need to be in the office at least 2 hours before the sale begins.
An absentee Bidder unknown to KFA may be required to supply a credit card # prior to the auction.
All absentee bids are executed competitively by a member of the auction staff. The auction staff will try to purchase the lot for the lowest price possible and will bid up to the amount designated by the absentee Bidder only if necessary. In the event of a tie bid between a floor and an absentee Bidder, the floor bid will be honored.
9) TELEPHONE BIDDING Bidding live via the telephone is available on a first come, first served basis. In order for KFA to efficiently serve the needs of those who wish to bid by phone, please note the following: (a) Telephone Bidders are advised to indicate an “insurance bid”, which amount will become an absentee bid, pursuant to the absentee bidding process set forth above, if KFA cannot reach the Bidder by telephone for a particular indicated lot. (b) Kidd Family Auctions sells about 70 lots per hour, so telephone Bidders should plan accordingly. KFA will attempt to reach each telephone Bidder, but KFA is in no way responsible for missed calls.
10) INTERNET BIDDING Internet bidding is available through our website; additionally, KFA may post certain auctions on iCollector.com or Proxibid.com, etc. There may be terms which apply solely to internet bids that should be reviewed online at the time of sale. KFA is not responsible for any failure to execute a bid and shall have no liability to any Bidder for any technical or other failure associated with an internet auction.
11) BIDDING INCREMENTS The following increments are used at the auction. Absentee bids must fall within these increments. KFA will automatically adjust any absentee bid to the closest increment if the bid falls outside the published range of increments.
For Bids Falling Between Bidding Increment $0-20 $2 $20 – 50 $5 $50 – 200 $10 $200 -5,000 $25 $5,000 + $100 or at the discretion of the auctioneer
Kidd Family Auctions reserves the right to modify increments at any time.
AFTER THE AUCTION
12) BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY Upon the fall of the hammer, title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer and the buyer immediately (a) assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot, including liability for loss or damage and (b) is liable for payment of the Purchase Price (as defined below) to KFA. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ask specific questions on condition related concerns prior to the auction. KFA will not rescind sales with buyers that have disputes regarding, for example, firearm’s bore condition.
13) PURCHASE PRICE AND PAYMENT The “Purchase Price” for each lot shall equal the hammer price, buyer’s premium, sales tax and, if applicable, all packing, handling, insurance and shipping costs. Buyers who are present at the auction must pay the full Purchase Price at the time of the sale. Buyers who bid by telephone, by internet, or who are absentee Bidders will be invoiced within 5 days after the close of the auction and must pay the full Purchase Price for each purchased lot within 5 days after the date of the auction. No property will be released by KFA unless the Purchase Price has been paid in full and the payment has cleared.
Payments must be made with cash, personal cheque, debit, credit card or etransfer. Bidders from outside Canada are required to notify their bank to accept a charge from Canada.
Bidders without prior credit card approval who intend on making purchases in excess of $10,000 must provide credit information such as a bank letter of credit prior to bidding.
PLEASE NOTE: A surcharge of 3% will be assessed to all credit card transactions. This surcharge is not greater than our cost of acceptance.
14) SALES TAX Buyers are required to pay any applicable provincial & federal sales tax.
15) SHIPPING At the request of the buyer, KFA will authorize the shipment of purchased items usually within two weeks after payment has been received. Shipment is generally made via Canada Post. Unless buyer gives special instructions, the shipping method shall be at the sole discretion Kidd Family Auctions. KFA is in no way responsible for the acts or omissions of independent handlers, packers or shippers of purchased items or for any loss, damage or delay from the packing or shipping of any property.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS KFA will ship firearms to any location within the United States thru a registered firearms broker. The Buyer must contact a Broker prior to bidding to confirm said firearm can legally enter the USA. We recommend you contact Borderview.com. Any brokerage fees are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Purchasers are responsible for making timely payments on items won at auction, even if a license is delayed or denied.
16) SHIPPING CHARGES Buyers are required to pay for all packing, shipping and insurance charges. KFA ships at cost. We do not pocket a fee for handling the Buyer’s shipping. A signature will be required on all firearm shipments. Any item over the Canada Post regulations of 66 LBS, etc. become the responsibility of the Buyer. If you can arrange a shipping company to pickup the item we will have the item available. KFA will not box large items. Any duty charges are the responsibility of the successful Bidder. Be aware that for larger and/or valuable items, shipping charges can be substantial.
17) REMOVAL AND STORAGE OF PROPERTY AND CANCELLATION OF SALE It is the responsibility of the Buyer to remove purchased property. If purchased property has not been removed, or KFA has not received shipping instructions within 10 days after the auction date, KFA may, at its option, cancel the sale, retaining any payments made by the Buyer, and/or resell the property at auction or by any other commercially reasonable means.
Kidd Family Auctions wants every Auction Experience to be a great one. There has to be some rules but we’re all human and often a situation will require an exception to the rules. Therefore, Dennis & the team at Kidd Family Auctions are here to listen to your concerns. If you have questions don’t hesitate to call.