How To Bid With Kidds
KIDD FAMILY AUCTIONS INC. WANTS YOU TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SO DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. HAPPY BIDDING!
TIPS FOR NEW BIDDERS
- research the items you are interested in bidding on before bidding
- register with the bidding platform well in advance of the auction start time to ensure you have been cleared to bid
- read our terms and conditions
- call us with questions
- get familiar with the usual auction lingo (hammer price, prices realized, reserve, going, absentee, phone bid, premium, etc)
- all auctions are online which allows the bidding to start the minute the catalog is made public on the bidding platform
- if you call us and leave an absentee bid or are requesting a phone bid there is a 5% buyers premium to pay for the bidding platform
- if you bid online in a live simulcast online or timed online auction there is a 5% fee to pay for the bidding platform
- if you pay for your winnings with a credit card there will be a 3% credit card fee
WAYS TO BID
ON-SITE PREVIEW: enjoy a friendly and welcoming atmosphere by coming to the auction house in person where we will do our best to make time for a chat and let you examine all the treasures before you bid. Sometimes we even have treats.
BY-PHONE: if you are unable to make it in person you can still bid by phone on items that are expected to sell for + $100. At least 3 days before the auction is set to start contact us to request to ‘bid by phone’. On the auction day, one of our representatives will call you approximately 3 lots prior to the lot you are interested in. You will be able to advise the representative to bid on your behalf. Be ready because the sale moves quickly. Know what you want to bid and what your high dollar might be. There is very little time for you to think. If we are unable to reach you we will treat you as an absentee bidder if you’ve left an amount. Phone bid requests are honoured on a first-come, first-served basis. We sometimes have to limit the number of phone bids due to several requests on the same item.
ABSENTEE BIDDING: Absentee bids will be executed by a KFA representative during the sale. If for some reason you are unsure of the online bidding process or don’t feel comfortable in front of the computer let us bid for you. Contact us well in advance of the sale starting to give us your bids. And trust us when we say “we NEVER play games with your bids”. Honesty is our number one policy.
ONLINE BIDDING: If you prefer to bid from your home or on the go via your phone you can do just that. Register to bid via the online platform, usually LiveAuctionWorld.com (iCollector). Links to the platform are on our Auctions page. If you are bidding on your phone be sure to download our app. Please remember that the online catalog will have additions & changes right up to auction time so check back often.
Kidd Family Auctions wants every Auction Experience to be a great one. There has to be some rules but we’re all human and often a situation will require an exception to the rules. Therefore, Dennis & the team at Kidd Family Auctions Inc. are here to listen to your concerns. If you have questions don’t hesitate to call, text or email anytime.
Dennis@kiddfamilyauctions.com 519-938-7499 Lyn@kiddfamilyauctions.com 519-938-1315