ARE YOU READY TO BE A CONSIGNOR?
Dennis, Lyn and the Kidd Family Auctions Inc. Team want to make becoming a consignor as easy as possible for you. We never want you to feel like ‘a number’ so let’s start by answering some of the obvious questions. After that, we’re always here for a chat.
· Keep the Kidd Family Auctions contact info handy
· Decide which of your treasures are ready for auction. As you start picking items to send to auction, make a brief list. We don’t need a lot of detail unless the item is unique or rare and you have history on the piece. We’ll also give you a receipt to complement your list.
· On the list we’ll need your name, address, phone number, and email. If you’re consigning a firearm we’ll also need your date of birth, middle name and PAL with expiry.
· When you finish packing a box please put your name on the outside of the box. If you’re sending an item to auction that can’t be boxed then please label the items with your name. We often use green painters tape for labeling because its residue seldom damages the item’s finish.
· Once the items are ready to go, drop off (by you at our location) or pick up (by us at your location) arrangements need to be made. Please call us to do this.
· Over the years Kidd Family Auctions Inc. has become accustomed to the market trends. We always want to respect your treasures but honestly know when items are not likely to sell at auction. Some items are better suited to a garage sale. We are happy to discuss with you what items will garnish a return and which items are not worth the effort.
· If an item isn’t suitable for auction we can offer suggestions for disposal. If you send an item to us that we don’t have the opportunity to assess before it arrives we may decide it isn’t what we’re looking for to fill our sales. We host a wide variety of sales. Items suitable may be stored for you at no cost until the best sale with the best market comes up.
· Items left with us but not suitable for sale will be disposed of at no cost to you. We reserve the right to make the final decision on what there is or is not a market for. We don’t have the space to store items for you to pick back up. We will not return items to you.
· When we say ‘yes or no’ it is no reflection on the quality of your treasures. In order to maintain a high integrity business, we strive to accept lots with a minimum $25 value. We may combine two or more of your items so that we create a lot in that value range at our discretion.
SPECIAL MENTION: Commission is never more than 40% and often lower. There are absolutely no hidden fees. Which means we won’t nickel and dime you. You are our top priority.
Consigning in the ‘Straight Shooter’ Sale:
- We understand that parting with a single firearm or a complete collection can be a daunting task. Sometimes there’s a history between you and these items. Sometimes it’s an estate and emotions can be involved. Sometimes you’re just wanting to flip an item or two.
Whatever your individual situation is, we want to be your solution. You can feel confident that we will never push you. We will work for you.
- Often being labeled as #2 in the industry is a good place to be. It means we try harder. It means we’re looking up. It means we never take the business that comes our way for granted.
Our marketing campaign is extensive. It includes television and print ads, social and digital promotions, SMS blasts. Most importantly it includes good ‘word of mouth’. We’re grateful everyday for the clients that warm our welcome mat.
- The ‘Straight Shooter’ Sales are online events with an option to preview (look & touch) in person the week of the auction. The bidding catalog will grow in the month leading up to the closing of the sale. We think it’s fun for the bidders to watch the progression of the sale as treasure after treasure gets added by our knowledgeable staff.
Bidders are welcome to place bids early or wait until things heat up in the last minutes.
As a consignor you can be confident that our auctions will attract thousands of bidders from across the globe. We regularly sell to clients in the US, Europe, Iceland, Australia, etc.
- The commission rate is based on quality and quantity. We are always open to a discussion but generally the rate is 20% commission on firearms and 25% on everything else. We will consider buying an entire collection for a flat fee but most often we take items to auction and let the bidders decide the value. On very high end firearms we will discuss a reserve bid to protect the seller.
- We have associates in each province across Canada that can discuss with you the logistics of selling your items in Ontario. Ontario is a very hot market. We’ll help you take advantage of that.
- Consignments can be dropped off at our location most days from Monday to Saturday, 9 – 7pm.
Tag your items and give us a shout before coming by.
- Please be aware that it’s illegal for Consignors (nor family & friends) to bid on their own items. It would be like insider trading. It’s just not right and we won’t be happy if we find out you’re doing it.
CONSIGNORS MAKE THE AUCTION WORLD GO ‘ROUND.
WE APPRECIATE YOU.
LET US SHOW YOU HOW WE’LL TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY TOO.